Saturday, August 5, 2017

Cpt. Cavemans TTM Autographs #108

Welcome back to another weekly TTM success post. This week I wanted to talk a little about a problem I've been seeing with some new TTM collectors complaining to a celeb or the management or agency they wrote to after receiving a pre print or secretarial signature back instead of an authentic autograph. Sure it stinks opening a returned SASE only to find a pre printed facsimile autograph but if they'd put a few minutes of work in before writing that letter they'd have known what was going to return in the first place and not wasted time trying. Contrary to what some new collectors think celebs owe us nothing and don't have to sign anything we send them and we're very lucky alot actually sign TTM in the first place. Some of new collectors aren't really fans and are just trying to get autographs of anyone they can and things like this can ruin it for real fans and collectors. I know we were all new collectors once but even as a new collector I've never whined about a pre print or secretarial to the celeb or agency and I'm almost always a fan of anyone I write. So please do your homework before you attempt any TTM request and be happy with whatever you get back. Ok my short rant is over. Now on to this weeks TTM successes. Monday brought four returns. First a quick three week via venue return from Keegan Michael Key. We sent one "Keanu" picture and an index card and both returned signed along with a nice note on the back of the index card. We wrote him while he's doing "Hamlet" at the public theater in New York. Next another great return from Marilyn Eastman who signed our "Night of the Living Dead" picture already signed by Judith Ridley and only took twenty eight days to return. After that Winter received her picture back signed by Ronda Rousey after one year and four months. To finish off the day I received my "Three Amigos" DVD cover that was previously signed by John Landis back with an autopenned Chevy Chase signature after just under five months . I guess they don't read the letters because I kindly asked if he couldn't actually sign then please don't ruin it with an autopen. I knew he used an autopen but I figured I'd try with a multi page super letter but that still didn't work. Thursday brought one more return when I received my VHS box from "Star Trek III" along with an extra signed 8x10 back from Allan Miller after only nine days. That's it for this week. Have a great graphing weekend and I'll be back next week with more TTM autographs and address's.


*
-
Keegan Michael Key
via venue
-
Marilyn Eastman
*ST
-
Ronda Rousey
Glendale Fighting Club
601 S. Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91204
-
Chevy Chase (autopen)
P.o. Box 257
Bedford, NY 10506-0257
-
Allan Miller
Dynamic Productions
13340 Valley Vista Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
-

*



Follow Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autographs on Facebook to see our TTM successes the day they return
or follow me on twitter @cavewv




 

No comments:

Post a Comment