Saturday, July 7, 2018

Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autographs Bonus Post Graphing The PGA Tour Greenbrier Classic Part 4

Welcome to another bonus in person graphing post. I headed back out Friday for another great day of graphing at the PGA Tour Greenbrier Classic / Tribute to the Military Golf tournament. After missing Thursday and the first round of the official tournament I got lucky and got off work early Friday and was able to go back to the Greenbrier for more graphing fun. I wasn't able to catch the shuttle bus and make it to the golf course until around one in the afternoon and I was on a mission to get a few of the major players that I'm a huge fan of today just in case they didn't make the cut for the next day and then leave and since I couldn't find the new pairing sheet with player tee times I was afraid I'd miss Mickelson and a few others. One good thing is I has another good grapher friend texting me updates on the positions of the players on the course so I could kind of estimate the time Phil and the others would finish up his round so I could try to get some autograph. After I got off the bus I took up speed walking and rushed to the golf course just in time to see John Daly hanging out smoking a cigarette around the club house and still had a few minutes before Phil hit the 18th green so I decided to hit him up one more time because he didn't make today's cut and wouldn't be around after today. I've always been a huge fan of Daly's. He's been my favorite golfer ever since I was a kid so I truly believe one can never have to many John Daly autographs. He finally walked off the club house balcony area and headed out towards the players parking lot so I quickly walked up and asked him to sign my picture. He ignored me a couple times and after walking with him about 100 feet he took my picture and signed. After that Mickelson was just finishing up and I got him to sign a picture when he was walking towards the media area and Phil was amazing as always signing for anyone that asked. The crowd wasn't bad today so the graphers and fans didn't have much competition. After Phil signed I proceed to get a few other golfers I wanted to sign including a full name signature from Webb Simpson and not his rushed WS one. He was having an amazing day though and at the time he was the current leader at 12 under par (by the end of the day Kelly Kraft was currently in the lead at -13.) so that might have helped. Then we headed out on the course to watch Bubba Watson play awhile just killing time until he finished and would sign. When we got back to the club house to beat the crowd following Bubba. One of the other graphers noticed Nick Faldo headed towards the VIP section right outside the area he broadcasts his coverage for the Golf Channel so we waited for him to walk towards his media tent and got him to sign. He joked about my off brand golf ball I had him sign but happily signed for the three of us waiting. Next Vijay Singh walked by and i had him sign a tournament program book because he won't sign golf balls. By then it was about time for Bubba to finish up but before he did Nick Furyk's group finished and come Furyk's the man with the lowest score ever in a PGA Tour event an amazing 58. He usually doesn't sign golf balls but as he walked up I politely asked if he'd please sign my ball. He looked at me for a second then said he doesn't normally like to sign golf balls but I looked like a nice enough guy and proceeded to sign my golf ball and then signed my friends ball also. After Furyk it was time for Watson to finish up so we caught him heading down to the media area and he graciously signed for the hand full of fans waiting. After Bubba was done I called it a day and headed home. Even though it was a shorter graphing day I still had a great time and I went for quality not quantity today and was able to catch everyone I wanted to get and walked away with with ten amazing autographs. I've got to work some Saturday but I'm planning going back tomorrow afternoon and all day Sunday for the final day and round of the tournament. So until then enjoy a few pictures (and I mean a few because for some reason my cell phone decided to not save the majority of today's pictures for some reason) and the autographs from today's Greenbrier Classic.

*
-
Outside the Greenbrier Club House
-
Trying to watch Bubba Watson play
-
Mickelson being the GOAT and signing away
-
Phil Mickelson
-
Bubba Watson
-
John Daly
-
Jim Furyk
-
Jim Furyk
-
Webb Simpson (full signature)
-
*

You can also get your Cpt.Caveman's TTM Autographs fix on Facebook 
or follow me on Twitter @cavewv






No comments:

Post a Comment