Saturday, August 15, 2015

Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autograph Collecting #5


Hello and welcome back fellow TTM graphers. I hope everyone had a great week collecting autographs. This week brings sad new. Wednesday former President Jimmy Carter announced that he has cancer and it has spread he is changing his schedule to accommodate treatment. He's always been a great signer and he's always held a special spot in my heart for being my first President. Our prayers go out to him and his family. So this week I thought id share a little about myself and my autograph collecting and why I started this blog. I have been collecting autographs since 1986. I was a young boy and every year at our homecoming festival the Current and Former Miss WV winners came and signed autographs at the local football field that was my first IP autographs and there still in my collection to this day but I was hooked after that. We live in a rural area so unless we travel there's not many IP autographs to be obtained luckily we live right next to the state fair grounds and with the PGA tour and NFL training camps now just a few miles away that gives us the occasional chance to try for IP autographs. So how do you go about getting autographs when you never have a chance to meet anyone? We discovered fan mail to be the best option for us and now its a hobby and passion my daughter Winter and myself both share. Who wouldn't want there favorite movie star or athletes autograph. In some cases maby your interested in history through autograph collecting it has given us a chance to own little signed pieces of history through the signature's of the people who made it, there are still astronauts, presidents and political figures, military leaders, scientists, authors and people that will fill the history books of tomorrow living and signing autographs today. I started this blog due to the fact that when we started collecting TTM we had no clue what we needed to do. We wasted money, time and stamps learning what to do. I'm still learning every day and since another autograph collecting friend of mine Brent suggested I do a blog to help inform others how to get into this amazing hobby and share tips and info here it is. So there you go now every Wednesday and Saturday I will bring you authentic successes that we have received and the addresses we used to get them. I'm always here for anyone wanting more info or if you have any questions about TTM graphing feel free to contact me or leave a comment. I'm glad you stopped by and appreciate everyone who takes the time out of there busy day to check out my blog. Thank you. Now on to what you really came here for the autographs and addresses. Monday brought a success from funny man and Monty Python member Michael Palin we sent him our DVD cover from Monty python and The Holy Grail back in mid June and took just under two months to return. He even personalized it by writing "Ni!" above his name. Who doesn't love The Lumberjack Song. Next Thursday brought a super fast reply from author, screenwriter, director, and along with George Romero co created the original Night of the living dead. It took only 5 days to get our pictures back signed. Friday brought a very cool and fast 13 day reply from the oldest living member of the Baseball Hall of Fame. At 97 Mr. Bobby Doerr is also the only ball player that played in the 1930's that's still living. He spent his entire career as a second baseman for the Boston Red Sox and was inducted into the HOF in 1986. That's it for this week. It was a slow TTM week for us but its not always about quantity but rather quality. Ill be back Wednesday with my mid week bonus blog, this week theme is music so make sure you stop by to see some of our favorite musicians autographs and more tested addresses from the vault. Until then happy graphing.


Michael Palin
MayDay Management
34 Tavistock Street
London, WC2E 7PB
UK
John Russo
216 Euclid ave.
Glassport, PA 15045-1331
Bobby Doerr
94449 Territorial Rd.
Junction City, OR 97448
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment