Saturday, August 4, 2018

Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autographs Bonus Post Graphing The Houston Texans Training Camp Day - 7, 8 and 9

Welcome to another bonus in person graphing post. So this bonus post is alittle different. Why is it different? Well it's different because you get three days worth of training camp fun in one post. So let's start off with Thursday's camp. I headed out solo Thursday for my 7th day of the Texans training camp and arrived just before 11 because it looked like a storm was getting ready to roll through so I thought they might finish alittle earlier that day. When I pulled into the parking lot I noticed the people trying to get on the bus started walking away after trying to get on. I parked and met a few other grapher friends who informed me that the Texans had started at 8 that morning and quit at 10 and today's practice was cancelled due to bad weather. FYI it never rained that day until alot later in the day. Usually if something with the schedule has changed it's announced on the Greenbrier's Twitter and Facebook along with the teams so that way the fans know what's going on but that didn't happen today because I check those first thing every morning just to make sure anything hasn't changed. So unfortunately I walked away empty handed. The next day my 8th day at camp was a wet day it rained all night then continued pouring the rain until later Friday afternoon. So I headed over extra early and arrived at 9 in the morning just Incase they decided to start early. They rain finally slacked off a bit but still kept coming down so I grabbed a few pictures I had put in a large Ziploc bag trying to keep everything dry and threw on my cheapo travel poncho and headed to the training facility. They signed in the rain before so I wanted to be prepared just incase. When I made it through the training facility security checkpoint they directed us to go to the back side of the field because our usual area was reserved for a few local  high school football teams. So right from the start it didn't look good because they usually take the kids on the field after practice to meet the players and get autographs so all the players usually go to them then head inside and noone comes over to the fans. The high school teams did finally give up and headed out when the rain started really coming down so that gave us alittle hope.  We found a decent spot close to the action and started watching practice just as the rain started To steadily increase before it finally started pouring it down and when it started it didn't stop for several hours. Luckily Jadeveon Clown and the defensive players walked over and did some drills right in front of us. This was the closest I've seen Clowney get to the fans in the two years that they've been here. I snapped a few quick pictures and put my cell away before it got totally soaked. Shortly after Clowney and the others got started the horn blew and the coaches said that it was over for the day because the rain was just to much. Then we watched almost all of the players heading inside except for a few players that decided to use the drenched practice field as a slip and slide and had a few minutes of fun before they went inside also. So sadly everyone got soaked and walked away empty handed for their second day in a row. By Saturday the rain had finally stopped and the sun was shining so with only three days left to graph the Texans I took my secret weapon Winter. We arrived just before 11 and got to our usual familiar old spot along the signing line and watched today's practice. As always the weekends are more crowded than weekdays and people quickly packed in along the line and would only get worse when the players finally started signing. The first thing we noticed was the absence of J.J. Watt out on the field but shortly before practice wrapped up J.J. finally walked out wearing shorts and a tee shirt instead of his jersey. As practice finished up Watt headed over to the end zone section of the fence and started signing. When Winter saw this she grabbed a picture and ran over to him and had him sign a 8x10 of him and Deshaun Watson on the field at practice the other day here at camp. We really wanted to get both players to sign our photo so that's one down and hopefully Watson signs at least one of the last two days because he hasn't been over one time yet this camp. While Winter was getting J.J. I started getting the others that walked over to sign. Just as I was getting ready to get the first player I looked up and there was the honey badger himself Tyrann Mathieu signing autographs in the kids only section and heading in my direction so I quickly pulled out a photo of him and had him sign it. Winter arrived back shorty after and was able to get him to sign her honey badger photo. That was his first time signing during camp this year and I was glad he finally signed for us. After that we got the few other remaining players out signing then called it a day and headed home. Winter and myself will be headed back out tomorrow for Sunday's practice and the next to last day of the Texans training camp. So until then enjoy a few pictures and our autographs from the Houston Texans Training Camp.

*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
J.J. Watt
-
Tyrann Mathieu
-
-
-
*

You can also get your Cpt.Caveman's TTM Autographs fix on Facebook 
or follow me on Twitter @cavewv

No comments:

Post a Comment