Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autographs Bonus Post Graphing The Houston Texans Training Camp Day - 6

Welcome to another bonus in person graphing post. Once again I headed out solo Wednesday for my sixth day of the Texans training camp. The weather was calling for alot of rain today but luckily once again it held off until practice was over for the day. It wouldn't have mattered if it rained or not because I'd still be going but the rain makes getting autographs and keeping the stuff dry a little tricky since the NFL doesn't allow umbrellas. I did plan ahead just in case it rained during training camp by keeping a travel poncho in my autograph bag and I figure it's always better to be prepared then get one of my freshly signed prized autographs wet and ruined. I'm not to worried about myself getting wet but it really stinks having a nice picture you've gotten signed covered in water spots or worse. As always I arrived at my regular time and I met up with my regular graphing friend and then I got my regular spot along the line and watched the team practice in full pads today. It's really fun seeing pro football players in action up close and I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance. Deandre Hopkins was absent yesterday and today for unknown personal reasons but he's supposed to be back out on the field tomorrow. Clowney wasn't in his uniform again today and didn't do much during practice so you'd think he would eventually come over and sign a few autographs but if he does like he did at last year's camp he won't even get near the fan area. I've only seen Clowney in his jersey on the first day of camp but after that he's been out in plain clothes but he's still pretty easy to spot in a crowd even without the #90 on his back because he's a really big dude that you'd probably not want to get mad at you or ever get on his bad side Deshaun Watson looks like he's pretty much back to his normal self after last years season ending injury but he's not been running the ball as much as before and he's working more on his passing game. Fan favorite J.J. Watt took it easy today and hung out on the sidelines for a good portion of today's practice. I think coach O'Brien is taking it a little easier on the players this year and could possibly be trying to prevent new injuries or previous injuries from removing his key players from the game when the regular season starts. As practice was wrapping up I pulled my sharpies and pictures out so I'd be ready for autograph time and like most day's we watched as most of the players headed inside but luckily a hand full walked over and started signing then we noticed Lamar Miller headed over to the line. He went to the middle of the line and started signing autographs and taking pictures with people for a few minutes and I had him sign my picture. Sadly he only used his sharpie and gave alot of us a hard to see dead sharpie signature but hey it happens and it's still better than getting nothing. I tried getting at the end of the line so I could get him on a mini football that would show up better but he stopped signing just alittle bit before he made down to my area. After that I went for the other players that signend today and I only missed two because they only signed in the kids only section and I definitely can't pass for a kid that's twelve and under. I ended up finishing the day with five autographs. I love getting autographs but if I don't get any it's not the end of the world and I can just try again another day or next year. I'm just happy I have the opportunity to try in the first place and I still have a blast because getting autographs can be exciting but half the fun is the hunt. Whether trying for your favorite athletes or celebs in person or trying to find that one address that will work when all others you've tried have failed when doing TTM it's that feeling you get when you succeed and get that ink that makes it all worth it. Anyways it's calling for a ton of rain again tomorrow but hopefully it turns out like the last two days and it holds off long enough for practice to finish up. Either way I'll be heading back tomorrow for more graphing fun so until then enjoy a few pictures and my autographs from today's Texans training camp in White Sulphur Springs West Virginia.


*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Lamar Miller
-
-
*


You can also get your Cpt.Caveman's TTM Autographs fix on Facebook 
or follow me on Twitter @cavewv






No comments:

Post a Comment