Saturday, June 11, 2016

Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autographs #48

-
Welcome back to another weekly TTM successes. Sadly with the death of Boxing legend Muhammad Ali I'm seeing an huge increase in fake Ali autographs for sell on EBay and other places. Unfortunately when a celeb passes away there are vultures out there who cash in on unsuspecting fans and newer collectors by flooding the market with Fake and expensive autographs. So just remember if your going to purchase an autograph from a recently passed celeb (or any autograph purchase) do you're research and don't be afraid to ask more experienced collectors for help. So last week we received a TTM return from Carrie Fisher. Since IV always heard that she doesn't sign TTM but uses a secretary to sign and some say her mother the legendary Debbie Reynolds signs her daughters TTM requests I decided to write a nice letter and try and see what we get back. We received all three items we sent back signed rather quickly and now iv had time to do some comparing to authentic Fisher exemplars here's what I think. After comparing to authentic Fishers mine did have some similarities but just look off especially the F in Fisher just looked to neat. Next I compared them to my Debbie Reynolds autographs and the Reynolds and the Fisher autographs have more in common. First the slant is the same for both and the ie in Debbie and Carrie are identical on mine and the handwriting flow looks to be the same and after talking to a few other collectors I think the Carrie Fisher TTM autographs are actually Debbie Reynolds signed Carrie Fisher autographs. So unfortunately not authentic Fishers but still very cool because of who actually signed them. This is just my opinion though and if anyone has another theory I'd love to hear it. Now on to the weekly TTM successes. Monday winter received a great success from all four of the Impractical Jokers. In just under two months they sent her a nice photo signed by them all. We love that show, such great and funny guys. To finish off the day I received both pictures I sent to Twisted Sister guitarist Eddie Ojeda back signed and he even wrote a thank you note on our letter and signed it to. Great return and only one month to come back. Wednesday brought a great addition to our American Horror Story Collection when we received our "Freak Show" DVD cover and picture back signed from Erika Ervin also known as Amazon Eve. She was one of Winters favorites that season and only took about a month and a half to return. Thursday brought a disappointing Pre Print return from Matthew McConaughey. Friday brought two more returns. First with a fast seven day wait we received both pictures back signed from Anthony Call. A great addition to our Trek original series collection. To finish off the day we received both pictures back signed from Charlotte Rae. I have all these nice old "Fact of Life" pictures and wanted to try for the cast and she's the first to reply. Very nice and only a month to return. That's it this week as always ill be back next week with more TTM autographs and addresses. Next month on July 28th 2016 it will be the one year anniversary for my TTM blog. So keep an eye out on Twitter @cavewv because I'm doing an autograph giveaway that week for my followers. I will be posting more details later on here and on Twitter.




*
-
Impractical Jokers
75 Broad Street
15th Floor
New York, NY 10004
-
Eddie Ojeda
Ojeda Media
P.o. Box 154
New York City, NY 10956
-
Erika Ervin
Amazing Eve Entertainment, LLC
17252 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90504
-
Anthony Call
142 West End Ave.
Apt. 3P
New York, NY 10023-6104
-
Charlotte Rae
10790 Wilshire Blvd.
#903
Los Angeles, CA 90024-9448
-
*


 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your collection, experiences, and addresses! I am new to collecting autographs. I am in WV, so I do not have good access to conventions or anything, except The Greenbrier Classic, but I am not a sports fan. I have lucked into a few great meet & greets at the West Virginia Book Festival (R.L. Stine, Henry Winkler, Jodi Picoult, & Joe Hill). I also saw Joan Osborne in concert on Sunday & lucked into an autograph. I have been a HUGE fan since the mid-90's. Anyhoo, I am going to try your addresses for Charlotte Rae, Mindy Cohn, & Edie McClurg as my maiden TTM attempts.

    ReplyDelete