Saturday, December 19, 2015

Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autographs #23



Welcome back to another great week in TTM autograph collecting. This week I'm going to talk about how I find my photos. Usually if I have a DVD or Bluray cover or a CD book I send those but if I dont then its time to find a good photo I like. IV tried Google searching for images but the pictures I find off there usually wont print the size I need (4x6 or 8x10) or the quality is to blurry. Most of my pictures come from BING search. I still run across the occasional blurry image or wrong sizes but no where near as much as I run across on google. After I find the perfect pictures I like I save them on my cell then copy them to my laptop for editing and saving to a SD card for printing. I used to print my own pictures off but I never liked the quality and the ink prices are so high so I started printing them at my local pharmacy's photo kiosk. So now on to this weeks successes. Our week started off a little slow. Monday and Tuesday brought a RTS from an attempt to Kyle Maclachlan from over a year ago from an old address I tried and a fail from Eugene Cernan. My daughter wrote him because she was doing a report for school and wrote asking a couple questions and for info she didn't even add an autograph request in her letter but I guess they don't read the letters because she just got her SASE back with her letter and a letter saying its $300 per autograph request made out to his charity. IV heard he will sign his book TTM for free though. Thursday brought the first and only success of the week. After only seven days Mr. Charles E. McGee signed our picture and sent us a signed Tuskegee Airmen info card. Very cool success from the 96 year old former Tuskegee airmen pilot who flew a record 409 combat fighter missions over three wars. That's it for this week. Sadly it looks like the Holliday slump is still upon us but that's to be expected. Celebs have lives and families also. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday ill be back next week with more TTM autograph collecting goodness.



*
Charles E. McGee
5002 Elsmere Place
Bethesda, MD 20814-2826
-
*

No comments:

Post a Comment