Saturday, September 24, 2016

Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autographs #63


-


Welcome back for another weekly TTM success post. I ran across a great story this week about a Val Kilmer Q n A / meet and greet. It started off great until his handlers noticed a few people in line with tons of stuff to get signed and announced he wouldn't be signing personal items because they gave 100 signed DVDs away. Now I'm not sure if they were dealers or just obsessed collectors but I'm leaning towards them being dealers. Any Collectors that have graphed in person have usually ran across a few of these people. The ones with large amounts of stuff to get signed and usually yes they are selling the autographs they get. I understand I guess the more items signed equals more $ but it can also turns celebs off from signing sometimes. When they see people coming after them with a ton of items to get signed they automatically think DEALER. Sure some celebs don't care but some do and why be greedy and take the chance of blowing the opportunity in the first place. If you take only a few items like three or less you probably have a better chance to get the graph and then if you need more bring a friend or try another day. This also goes for TTM graphing. Sure you can send 5-6+ pictures to get signed by why would you. Trust me I understand its hard to choose between pictures to send but sending them all isn't the answer. Addresses can get burnt out and celebs stop signing. Just like IP I try to limit my TTM items I send to 2 per attempt sometimes 3 tops and if I want more pictures signed I wait anywhere from 4 to 6 months and sometimes even a year later then write again. For big name celebs I usually just send one item and be thankful it returns signed. I see alot with the attitude of I can send as many as I want and I don't care if the address stops working or if the celebs stop signing because Iv already got an autograph so who cares about the next collector. That's the kind of attitude that's hurting the hobby and I hate to see it. Anyways on to this weeks successes. Monday brought four great returns. First an amazing return from boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard. He signed both pictures we sent and took just under a month to return. Next a very cool return from Scott Grimes. IV been a fan of his since "Critters" and Winter loves "American Dad!". He's been in so many great films and only took twelve days to sign and return both pictures. The next return brought another great addition to my Trek Collection when both pictures returned signed from Charlie Brill who played in one of our favorite episodes"The Trouble With Tribbles" and only took a week to return. To finish off the day and after only a month Winter received both pictures back signed on the back of the photos with notes from Patricia Loud. For those that don't know Pat Loud was a part of the very first reality show "An American Family" that first aired on PBS back in the early 1970's. Tuesday brought two more great returns. First a very cool although smudged return from the writer of some of the best Star Trek TOS episodes D.C. Fontana. She signed both pictures we sent one was pretty smudged but one was ok and with a quick two weeks to return. To finish off the day another fast two week return for David Emge to sign both pictures we sent. Great addition to my Romero zombie film collection. Friday brought one more return. A possible secretarial from Jerry Lewis. I haven't had time to compare it yet but he usually does sec signatures now buy still occasionally signed so I'm not sure ill keep you updated as I find out more and it only took two months to return. To finish off this great TTM week Saturday brought one last return. After seven months we received both pictures back signed by Judge Joseph Wapner from The People's Court. That's it for this week. Have a great weekend and ill be back next week with more TTM autographs and addresses.


*
-
Sugar Ray Leonard
P.o. Box 1433
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
-
Scott Grimes
6260 Royer Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367-1619
-
Charlie Brill
3635 Wrightwood Drive
Studio City, CA 91604
-
Patricia Loud
5140 Raleigh Street
Los Angeles, CA 90004
-
D.C. Fontana
11862 Moorpark Street
Apt. D
Studio City, CA 91604-2139
-
David Emge
160 71st Street
New York, NY 10023
-
Jerry Lewis (secretarial ?)
Jerry Lewis Films Inc.
2820 W. Charleston Blvd.
Suite D33
Las Vegas, NV 89102
-
Judge Joseph Wapner
2388 Century Hill
Los Angeles, CA 90067
-
*






No comments:

Post a Comment